To find your nearest TechCollect NZ free drop-off site, please insert your location in the field below.
- Personal and laptop computers and all cables
- Tablets, notebooks and palmtops
- Computer monitors and parts (e.g. internal hard drives and CD drives)
- Computer peripherals and accessories (e.g. mice, keyboards, web cameras, USBs and modems)
- Printers, scanners, and multi-function devices
- Cameras and video cameras
TechCollect NZ is proudly supported by some of New Zealand’s largest technology providers including:
Frequently asked questions
This free service is available to households and small businesses looking to recycle responsibly once their ICT (Information and Communications Technology) equipment is unwanted or has reached the end of its useful life. If you are a corporate business, please contact your waste and recycling service provider for professional e-waste recycling services, and/or your local council.
Customers can take the accepted e-waste items to one of our drop-off locations and hand it over to staff at the customer service counter. Our team and our recycling partners will take care of the rest.
This is a free service funded by TechCollect NZ’s members Canon New Zealand, Dell, Dynabook, HP, Microsoft and Toshiba.
It is the customer’s responsibility to clear the electronic devices prior to dropping it off in store for recycling. Customers can protect their personal information by securely and permanently wiping the data on the device/s. For more information about how to do this, go to: https://techcollect.nz/about-us/delete-your-data/
We accept and recycle the following items:
• Personal and laptop computers and associated cables
• Tablets, notebooks and palmtops
• Computer monitors and parts (e.g. internal hard drives and CD drives)
• Computer peripherals and accessories (e.g. mice, keyboards, web cameras, USBs and modems)
• Printers, scanners, and multi-function devices
• Cameras and video cameras
Please note, excluded products include: televisions, whitegoods, consumer electronics, loose batteries, toner and ink cartridges
Mobile phones, mobile phone charges and cables continue to be recycled through the Noel Leeming partnership programme with RE:mobile; a cellular phone recycling scheme, available at Noel Leeming stores nationwide.
All e-waste recovered through Noel Leeming in partnership with TechCollect NZ is recycled by local recyclers who recover and recirculate as much material as possible. However, where local recyclers are unable to treat certain e-waste components due to recycling capability limitations e.g., printed circuit boards, or where there are limited end markets for recovered resources e.g., plastics, they are exported under permit for environmentally sound treatment or further processing offshore.