Who We Are
TechCollect NZ is a not-for-profit organisation established by leading global technology companies committed to supporting the development of a regulated product stewardship scheme for electrical and electronic products in Aotearoa.
Some of our member organisations include Canon NZ, Dell, HP, Microsoft, and The Warehouse Group.
What We Do
TechCollect NZ works with a range of collection partners to provide a free collection and recycling service for ICT equipment in Aotearoa. This free service is available to households and small businesses looking to recycle responsibly once their ICT equipment is unwanted or has reached end of its useful life.
TechCollect NZ partners with local service providers who meet stringent health, safety and environmental standards, ensuring at least 90% of valuable resources embedded with e-products are recovered and re-used as secondary raw materials in the manufacture of new products, helping to drive circular economy outcomes in New Zealand.
What We Take
We accept and recycle the following items:
- Personal and laptop computers and all cables
- Tablets, notebooks and palmtops
- Computer monitors and parts (e.g. internal hard drives and CD drives)
- Computer peripherals and accessories (e.g. mice, keyboards, web cameras, USBs and modems)
- Printers, scanners, and multi-function devices
- Cameras and video cameras